Tuesday 18 December 2012

The Work Christmas Party

What do you do when you work for yourself and you have little to no employees (my casual is currently unable to drink due to a certain physical condition *read up the duff**)?

You go to a Virtual Christmas Party with a whole bunch of other self-employed, WAHM's and Dads, bloggers and general gatecrashers of course!

I have been a fan of Veggie Mama's for quite a while. I love her Meatless Mondays and I love that she's vegetarian but not preachy about it. If you haven't read her blog, head over and take a look.

Anywhoo, Veggie Mama threw the most amazing Blogger Xmas Party last night and I went along not knowing what to expect. I logged into Twitter and followed along like the awkward newbie in the corner not knowing anyone. There was virtual punch and rum balls, Karaoke and a DJ, butt copying on the office photocopier and lots of sarcasm and innuendo.

Sounds totally nerdy doesn't it? But you know what the best part of the night was? I made a whole bunch of new contacts, found a whole lot of blogs I'd never otherwise heard of and now I even know a fellow blogger that lives within driving distance from me (I was wondering if I was the only one in these parts).


Reflecting back on last night with my virtual hangover today (so much better than an actual hangover!) I think it may well have been one of the best parties I've ever been too. I made a heap of new contacts including some international ones, I didn't need to buy a new dress and get my hair done, the ride there and back was totally free and nobody saw my underwear (I have a tendency to fall over OK)! 

Have you had your Christmas Party yet? Do you have a strategy for staying out of the office gossip the next day? 




No comments:

Post a Comment