Monday 26 November 2012

The Birth of the Petit Armoir Blog!

So here it is, our very first post! We hope you enjoy reading our regular posts about kids fashion, new products and generally what's happening at Petit Armoir

I'll start today's with our recent entry into the Albury Christmas Window Competition. It's an annual event around here and whilst the prizes aren't huge, it's certainly fun entering and hopefully this year we might win. 

I spent a lot of time on Pinterest looking for inspiration. Our theme was "A Traditional Christmas" and we were asked to think about what Christmas meant to us. My fondest memories are waking up on Christmas morning and the glee of finding a gazillion presents under the tree (there wasn't really but when your a kid, five equals a gazillion!). So I set out to create a massive pile of presents.

My other memory is of Christmas lights and driving around on Christmas Eve after church looking at all the houses lit up with lights. They always seemed magical and really incorporated the essence of new life and Christmas. So when I saw a Christmas display on a UK website incorporating both presents and Christmas I knew exactly what I wanted to do. 


I threw the lights over the giant pile of presents and added a few decorations for a bit of extra oomph! 

You always wear something special for Christmas and I love this red tiered dress from ChalknCheese. The Necklace is from 'and the little dog laughed' and I think it shows how versatile the piece is. You can dress it up or down depending on the accessories you use. Add a pair of Walnut Silver Ballet Flats or even the coveted Walnut Ruby Sandals in White and viola! There's your perfect Christmas day outfit! 

If you'd like to vote for our window in the Albury Christmas Window Competition you can vote here

No comments:

Post a Comment